These garlic rolls really come out really really good, soft oily melt in your mouth. The only problem is that you can’t stop at eating one
- 1 cup of hot tap water
- 1 1/2 tsp. yeast
- 2 tbsp. of sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups of bread flour – maybe a little more if to sticky
Place all the ingredients in a stand mixer until it forms a ball. Divide dough into 12 sections and roll out each section into a rope and use the same twist and tuck method that I use for my bun recipe. Place on a parchment lined baking pan, cover and let rise for at least 2 hours. Bake 350 f for 10 minutes then bring the rolls out pour the garlic oil mix recipe below and bake for another 5 minutes to 7 minutes – don’t let the garlic burn. Bring out of the oven place in a bowl and dust with extra parmesan cheese.
Garlic oil mix
- 1/2 cup of olive oil ( I mix extra virgin and light together because I like the flavor better)
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1tbsp. of parsley
- 1tbsp. of oregano
- 4-6 garlic cloves – crushed and minced
- 1 tbsp. of powder parmesan cheese – more for dusting after that the rolls have baked.
- 1 tsp. sea salt. – adjust to taste – remember that the parmesan has salt already.
Place all the ingredients in Pyrex measure cup or other glass container and place in the microwave for 1 minute or just until the butter melts. Stir all the ingredients and set aside.